Chicken Sausage Scottish Scotch Eggs: FULL RECIPE!
Ingredients (to make 4 x eggs):
- 5 x eggs
- 10 chicken sausages
- 2 x tbsp Chives
- 2 x tbsp plain flour
- 50g x natural breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- Black pepper
- 1️⃣ preheat the oven to 200 degrees & line a baking tray with a baking sheet.
- 2️⃣ bring a saucepan of water to the boil. Add 4 of the eggs to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes. Drain them and run under cold water until you can handle and peel.
- 3️⃣ remove the skins from all chicken sausages and add to a bowl with the chives. Divide the mixture into 4 equal balls and flatten each one.
- 4️⃣ wrap one of the flat balls around each egg, making sure you fully cover each egg.
- 5️⃣ sprinkle the flour onto a plate and season with black pepper, then crack the remaining egg into a separate bowl and beat. Then add the breadcrumbs and thyme to another bowl and mix.
- So you’ll have a flour plate, a raw egg bowl, and a breadcrumb/thyme bowl.
- 6️⃣ roll each sausage egg in the flour, then the egg, and then finally in the breadcrumbs, coating the egg fully.
- 7️⃣ bang the eggs on the baking tray and bake in the oven for 20 minutes until sausage meat is cooked and the outside is crispy!
Give this a like and a share or tag a scotch egg lover!
Tristan ‘eggy’ Buttle.
PS For more recipe/meal ideas click this LINK.