Do you want Abs?
‘What’s the best exercise for this’? (Said whilst pointing to their stomach)…
I’ve heard this once or twice over the years……
So, let’s dive straight in: When it comes to getting a flat stomach or ‘abs’, just doing countless crunches won’t do the job!
It doesn’t matter how many crunches or ab workouts/classes you do, if you don’t focus on other aspects of your training/diet, it simply won’t make your stomach flatter or your abs more visible…
Ab exercises can help to strengthen your core/midsection and through time will help with your goals, but it DOESN’T cause the ‘spot reduction’ of fat…
The absolute MAIN reason most people cannot see their abs, or flatten their stomach, is that they are simply carrying too much body fat around their midsection.
If you feel that this may be the case for yourself, consider the following simple tips:
1) Track your calories, and above ALL else ensure you are in a caloric deficit – this is THE single most important factor in getting you a flat tummy!
2) Focus on lifting (relatively) heavy things in the gym! Make large compound movements the main focus of your workouts.
3) Move more! Aim to increase your daily step count.
4) Do cardio, but try incorporating interval training, rather than spending endless hours on one machine.
5) Be patient! –Results take time.
That’s it, pretty simple, it doesn’t have to be complicated.
I’m not saying it’s easy, but I am saying it’s simple………
As ever, if you need anything, give me a shout
That’s all for today, until the next time, have an ‘ABsolutely’ great workout
Tristan ‘dad jokes’ Buttle