Do you want to feel better?
So the other day, I briefly mentioned the topic of micronutrients & how if you are lacking in certain areas, your health & performance will suffer (if you haven’t read it, you can do so by clicking here).
The actual definition of a micronutrient is:
‘a chemical element or substance required in trace amounts for the normal growth and development of living organisms. ‘
You know by now that your food groups are divided into 3 macronutrients (Protein, Fats & Carbs) hence the term ‘macros‘?
- Some of you reading this may be able to tell me how many calories you eat each day?
- Some of you may follow a certain dietary plan?
- Some of you may log your daily intake?
If I asked you what your daily micronutrient intake was…… could you tell me?
Achieving your fat loss goals shouldn’t ever come at the expense of your health & wellbeing….
If you lose weight but as a result feel lethargic, run down, and beat up….what’s the point?!
You want more that to just LOOK better, you want to FEEL better!
Who doesn’t want more energy?!
So with this being said, what micros do you need to supplement with?
When it comes to any supplementation, my advice is always the same: keep it simple:
- Fish Oil – this boasts a huge number of benefits, including the contribution of normal/healthy function of the heart & helping with joint pain.
- Vitamin D – if you live in sunny old England, it’s worth considering that exposure to sunlight is responsible for Vitamin D synthesis, and is responsible for the majority of Vitamin D intake in the body.
- Vitamin C – contributes to normal function of the immune system.
- Multimineral – to cover all of your bases.
That’s it, it may not be the sexiest selection, but I guarantee this will have a greater impact on your health & performance opposed to all the fad/false hope supplements on the market!
It will also prove to be far less damaging to your bank account! As with anything, you tend to get what you pay and I always advise choosing a company/product that has a proven, research driven background.
Side note: when it comes to supplementation, consistency is key, remember to take your vitamins daily!
Thats all for today, speak soon,
Tristan ‘keep it simple’ Buttle.